My Month in Review
*sigh* I’ve been quite busy, if you haven’t noticed. I’m in an actual classroom for the whole day once a week, with plenty of other assignments keeping me busy when I’m not working part-time or napping because napping is a beautiful thing and I need more sleep. I’m also doing my best not to blog when I don’t want to, which means plenty of sporadic posting, so sorry about that. I was quite busy with the Love-A-Thon earlier this month, though, so that was lots of fun! Anyway, expect me to be quite sporadic for the next couple of months, especially when I spend two whole weeks in a classroom – but then I have spring break near the end of the month, so maybe I’ll be around more for that!
Music of the Month
FOXES’S NEW ALBUM CAME OUT! I even got an autographed copy via her website, so that’s awesome. I have some of my favorite songs from the album on this playlist, along with some other things I’ve found in the past month.
Top Books Read
- Insatiable & Overbite (Meg Cabot): Even though this is Meg Cabot, I wasn’t expecting to like a vampire series too much, but of course I was wrong. It was highly entertaining, and I was really happy when I saw a third book listed on Goodreads that Cabot apparently announced recently. Bring on all the Meg Cabot!
- Glory O’Brien’s History of the Future (A.S. King): This was a weird book, but a good kind of weird.
- Shadowland, Ninth Key, and The Proposal (Meg Cabot): More Cabot! In preparation for the new book, I read the novella that comes before that book as well as began my reread of the whole series. I will never not love this books.
- Asking for It (Kate Harding): I didn’t just pick up a nonfiction book – I picked up one that wasn’t even on my to-read shelf! When I saw that this was about rape culture, I knew I had to read it, and it made me made in the best way possible.
Quote of the Month
If only I could say, “Listen, I like you, and you like me, so let’s go find a secluded park and touch each other.”
– Isla and the Happily Ever After
But I really hate it when I cry. I’d much rather bleed or throw up or something. Crying is just…
Well, it’s the worst.
– Ninth Key
- Real Life Can Be Pretty As Well // Picture Perfect Books
- Don’t Underestimate the Princesses // Disney Princess Tag
- Romance is in the Air Because of These Fabulous Couples // Top Ten Tuesday
- Love is in the Air – and the Writing // Beautiful People
- 2016 Book Blogger Love-a-Thon // Introduction, Bingo!, Mix & Match, and Bookshelf Colors Challenge
- I Want to Read These Songs // Top Ten Tuesday
Books I’m Excited About
I’VE BEEN TOO BUSY TO READ REMEMBRANCE YET! THIS IS A TRAVESTY (oh, and there are other books I want to read…)
Upcoming Releases I’m Excited About
Hmm, not too much I’m interested in that’s coming out in March. Also, I like these covers better for the Exquisite Captive series, so I’m pretending it’s still the official cover.
Challenges – Progress
(the same, unfortunately)
Books Read This Month: 10
Books Read for Challenges This Month: 9
Pages Read This Month: 2,714
Average Rating This Month: 3.9
Highest Rating This Month: 5 (rereads, but whatever)
Lowest Rating This Month (Excluding DNFs): 2.5
Total Books Read for Challenges: 20
Total Pages Read: 7,011
Total Average Rating: 3.80
Favorite Non-Book Things
1. Superstore: I mentioned this last month, but I watched the whole (11/13 episodes? can’t remember yet) season and finished it around the time that they announced it had been renewed. Yay! This is a very funny workplace comedy that has the always amazing America Ferrera – and some other people, but mostly America, and I want to know more about her character of Amy, as well as some other interesting ones. I’m so glad that I’ve got a chance to see more, especially after a doozy of a cliffhanger at the end of the finale.
2. Foxes’s “All I Need”: I already mentioned this in the song area, but I have to mention it again: Foxes’s second album is out and amazing! I hope she makes it to the United States for a tour.
3. Agent Carter: Oh, how I missed Peggy Carter. This is an interesting expansion of the first season, and Peggy is just as awesome, now with some new and old characters to keep her company and busy. We get to meet Jarvis’s wife, who is awesome and should make for a Carter-Jarvis-Jarvis trio of awesomeness. I really hope this show gets renewed, but its ratings haven’t been great, so I’m a little worried…
A Goal for March
Don’t force myself to write posts even if I feel bad about not posting a lot. The least I can say right now is that I’m not in a blogging slump, I’m simply super-busy.