My Month in Review
School is finally out! I start working in about a week, but it shouldn’t take up too much of my time, so hopefully I’ll be reading more and writing more blog stuff now that school is over.
Music of the Month
I made a playlist, but after I got busy with school and then got prepared for my first concert (I saw MARINA & THE DIAMONDS! AND IT WAS AWESOME!) by listening to her music, so I’m going to save my Spotify playlist for next month.
Top Books Read
1. Piper’s Son (Melina Marchetta): Melina Marchetta strikes again, and I’m both excited and terrified to read more from her.
2. Lion Heart (A.C. Gaughan): I don’t think I enjoyed this book as much as I would have otherwise since I was busy with exams and stuff, but I still liked this and thought it was a fitting end to the trilogy.
3. Queen of Babble Gets Hitched (Meg Cabot): Another fun Meg Cabot series, and this book was definitely my favorite of the trilogy!
4. Inherit Midnight (Kate Kae Myers): Not too believable, but definitely lots of fun!
5. Saga: Volume One (Brian Vaughan and Fiona Staples): I’ve never really read graphic novels, but this one definitely has me rethinking that.
6. The Fill-In Boyfriend (Kasie West): I was reading the next book on this list at the same time, so I unfortunately kept comparing this book, which means I probably didn’t love it as much as I would have, but I still really enjoyed it – Kasie West writes damn good fluff.
7. The Start of Me and You (Emery Lord): After really not liking Open Road Summer, this was an awesome surprise.
8. Every Breath (Ellie Marney): I see why so many people have enjoyed this series – definitely want to read more of it.
9. The Revenge Playbook (Rachael Allen): An ARC – and an awesome one! Rachael Allen can really write books that I enjoy.
Quote of the Month
Favorite (Non-Review) Posts
1. Sometimes Books REALLY Stress Me Out: This is an issue that is quite personal, but it feels great getting feedback on it.
2. Top Ten Authors I REALLY Want to Meet: These are awesome authors and I want to meet them.
3. I Really Don’t Know What I Think About Unlikeable Protagonists: This is one of those rambling posts where I don’t quite know what I’m talking about so I just try and talk it out.
Books I’m Excited About
I still want to reread the first two books, and I’m going to try and keep myself from rereading the first two books in the Raven Cycle before I read Blue Lily, Lily Blue.
Upcoming Releases I’m Excited About
Two books from authors that I already love and a debut author who I will hopefully love in the future.
Challenges – Progress
Another great month! Things are definitely getting better now that school is over – I read 12 books, only one of which was a DNF – and my total is now at 47 total books, so I’m nearly halfway done with this challenge!
The majority of the books I read this past month were new ones, so that was also great! I’ve now read 32 new books, so I’m over halfway done with this challenge!
I am nearly done with this challenge! I’ve read 9 adult books and have two adult books waiting in my to-read stack and one on hold, so it would be really, really sad if I wasn’t done with this challenge by next month.
Hmm, I didn’t make any progress with this challenge this month – I’m still at 3 debuts books. Oh well, I’m currently reading a debut and have at least one more that’s sitting on my side table waiting to be read.
Now we’re back to progress! I’ve read 5 sophomore books, so I am halfway done with this book – this has got to be the first time that I’m doing much better on my sophomore author challenge than the debut author challenge. I have tons of of debut books on my to-read shelf, though, so this challenge probably won’t be winning for long.
I’ve now reread 10 books, so I’m also doing quite well with this challenge and will surely finish it this summer with all my free time and bookcase calling to me.
Woah, I’m at 11 diverse books now! I mean, it’s sad that I’ve read 30+ books that don’t have bigger diverse presence, but whatever, I’m still happy with this challenge and hope to make even more progress in the second half or so of the year.
Books Read This Month: 12
Books Read for Challenges This Month: 9
Pages Read This Month: 3,621
Average Rating This Month: 4.23
Highest Rating This Month: 4.5
Lowest Rating This Month (Excluding DNFs): 3.5
Total Books Read for Challenges: 34
Total Pages Read: 14,176
Total Average Rating: 4.08
Favorite Non-Book Things
1. Marina & the Diamonds: See the above awesome concert. I mean, there’s only one sentence about it, but still, know that there’s a lot of excitement behind that sentence!
A Goal for June
Get the highest numbers this month, now that I’m school-free (other than an online class, but whatever).