My Month in Review
I’m sorry that I once again disappeared! School is almost over, so things are probably going to get even busier in the next couple of weeks, but once summer break starts, I’ll hopefully be a lot more free. I’m still reading, so at least there’s that!
Music of the Month
Lots of music, both old and new favorites!
Top Books Read
1. Smart Girls Get What They Want (Sarah Strohmeyer): This was a reread, and I am happy to say that I loved it and sped through it just as much as the first time!
2. Razorhurst (Justine Larbalestier): This book was a bit uneven for me at times, but I’ll mostly look back on it fondly and with the knowledge that I’m definitely a fan of Justine Larbalestier.
3. Things We Know By Heart (Jessi Kirby): Ditto with Jessi Kirby – this wasn’t my favorite book by her, but I still quite enjoyed it, and it was a great first ARC success!
4. Dramarama (E. Lockhart): I finally read this book! I’ve checked it out and returned it at least two or three times already, but I finally read it and enjoyed it, so I’m happy!
5. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Becky Albertalli): I didn’t love this book quite as much as everyone else, which is unfortunate since the hype made it a little difficult, but I did still enjoy this and thought it was a great debut.
6. Queen of Babble in the Big City (Meg Cabot): Why did I wait so long to read the second book in this trilogy, and why do I have to wait another week or two before I’m home and can get the final book?!
Quote of the Month
This is a bit too flowery and pink for Simon’s style, but whatever. This throw-away line just really stood out to me because it’s the way I feel a lot of the time – I even wrote a post about it!
Favorite (Non-Review) Posts
1. Take a Written Snapshot: Quotes! Graphics of quotes! Need I say more?
2. Book Blogger Confessions (13): I can’t always tell the difference between purple prose and pretty writing.
3. Top Ten Characters I’d Like to Check In With: I want to know more about these characters – get on that, authors!
4. Common Archetypes – Awesome, Much More Interesting Secondary Characters: Even though these posts take a while to make, I like them (when they’re all done, of course).
5. Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books: And more quotes! Which means more graphics of quotes!
6. Beautiful People (1): If you like seeing behind-the-scenes writing from inspiring authors, then this is the post for you!
7. Top Ten ALL TIME Favorite Authors: How could I choose between all the amazing authors in the world? Well, I tried with this post, but I still missed plenty.
Books I’m Excited About
I need to reread more! My mini-reading slumps and school have prevented me from rereading these books already.
Upcoming Releases I’m Excited About
Look at these books! A new Kasie West fluffy romance! A new Sarah Dessen book! And the final book in the Scarlet trilogy, which I already have an ARC of and plan on reading as soon as I reread the tortuous first two books in the series!
Challenges – Progress
For the first time since January, I actually read 10 books total this month! Yes, one of them was a DNF that I only read about forty or fifty pages of, but I don’t care, I still count it here! I’m now at 35 total books, which is lower than I’m normally at right now, but not too shabby.
Since one of my books was a DNF and another was a reread, I only read 8 new books this month, but I’m nearly halfway toward a total of 50 books with 23 new books read so far this year, so I’m pretty happy.
Wow, I only read one new adult book this month! I’m sure that it’ll go up steadily, but I’m definitely not worried – I’m currently at 8 adult books, so I’m pretty close to reaching this goal already!
This challenge is slowly but surely getting done – I read one new debut this month, and luckily it was one I enjoy and an author I know want to see more from, so that’s great. Anyway, I’m currently at 3 debuts books.
I only read one book for this challenge as well, so I definitely need to start stepping up for this challenge as well. Right now, I’m at 2 sophomore books.
Another challenge that I only read one book for! I’m definitely not worried, though, especially with all the books I have on my shelves that I want to reread this summer! Right now, I’m at 8 reread books, so I’m just over halfway through already.
Ooh, I did better with this challenge than I thought! I read three for this challenge, and there were some other books that had tiny bits of diversity, although I didn’t count them since they weren’t the focus so much. Right now, I’ve read 8 diverse books.
Books Read This Month: 10
Books Read for Challenges This Month: 6
Pages Read This Month: 2,902
Average Rating This Month: 4
Highest Rating This Month: 4.5
Lowest Rating This Month (Excluding DNFs): 3.5
Total Books Read for Challenges: 25
Total Pages Read: 10,555
Total Average Rating: 4.05
Favorite Non-Book Things
1. Gilmore Girls: I feel like this might shock some people (including some real-life friends), but I’ve never seen this show. I finally watched the first season, though, and I’m definitely getting hooked, although it’s not perfect (I really don’t care about the Rory-Dean romance right now, but it’s a pretty big focus).
2. Life Unexpected: I also started watching this two-season show that only has 26 total episodes, which hopefully means I’ll be done with it soon. It can be quite melodramatic, but I quite enjoy the family dynamics and some of the drama.
A Goal for May
Get back into the swing of reading! I only have school for like half of the month, so hopefully I’ll do much better!