Song of the Month: The Lion King Soundtrack
My roommate and I got on a bit of a Disney kick, so I’ve been playing the full Lion King soundtrack a lot lately. Thank you, people that put whole soundtracks on YouTube! There are classics like I Just Can’t Wait to Be King, Be Prepared, Hakuna Matata, and Can You Feel the Love Tonight, but there’s also plenty of instrumental and many versions of The Circle of Life. This is a big reason that our room now has a motto – “Be Prepared!”
Top Books Read
1. The Distance Between Us (Kasie West): I was both excited and scared for this book; excited because I had read some many raving reviews, scared because I decided to be brave and buy it before even reading it. Well, I had no reason to be scared – I loved this fluffy and awesome book! It’s cute and adorable and other synonyms that fit here! Definitely a book that I plan on rereading every once in a while. (Review coming soon – sorry, with the new schedule, reviews aren’t put up as much, so none of my September books have reviews up yet, although some are already written)
2. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Ransom Riggs): This wasn’t my favorite book of the month or anything, but it was quite interesting, from its creepy pictures to its creepy story. Overall, quite creepy and I look forward to its sequel. (Review coming soon)
3. Ruby Oliver (E. Lockhart): I finally got the chance to reread the Ruby Oliver series, and I was quite happy to revisit Ruby Oliver and her many interesting friends and family, especially with a strange of bad ebooks lately.
4. Touch of Power (Maria V. Snyder): It was great reading another Maria V. Snyder book. She’s quickly becoming one of my most-reliable authors, especially when it comes to fantasy, which is a genre I don’t normally enjoy. This book was yet another entertaining book from her, so it makes me excited to check out her other books, including the other two in this trilogy. (Review coming soon)
5. Vampire Academy (Richelle Mead): Yeah, despite its hype and the fact that I try to avoid vampire books for the most part, I actually quite enjoyed this book. It had its small issues, mainly with slutshaming, but overall it was pretty much entertaining throughout for me. (Review coming soon)
Books I’m Excited About
Once I’m done with the library books I have for now, I plan on doing some rereading! First up is the Mediator series, and then I plan on getting to Lola and the Boy Next Door soon – I bought Lola sometime last month and I haven’t gotten around to rereading it yet. Now that I’m in the midst of rereading and getting to books that have been on my to-read shelf for a while, it seems like the perfect time to reread this book and hopefully see that I love it just as much as the first time!
Upcoming Releases I’m Excited About
What can I say? I’m a mythology nerd, and I’m quite curious to see how the cliffhanger from the third book gets resolved in this fourth and second-to-last book in the Heroes of Olympus series.
A Goal for October
Read most of the first twenty or so books on my to-read shelf, the books that have been there since 2011 and 2012. Some of these books will be easy to get ahold of because my library has them on ebook, but others are still on my to-read shelf rather than my read shelf because I can’t find them anywhere. Either way, I want to read as many of the books that I can get ahold of as possible.