I’ve seen this done at The Perpetual Page-Turner and Radiant Shadows and thought it would be a nice way to round up each month and give a little break from reviews! Mine will be more book-oriented and less personal, but maybe that’ll change in the future.
Five Songs That Were Popular On My iPod
1. Alex Clare – Caroline I really, really loved this song, partially because I have a friend whose name is Caroline (although I haven’t even seen her since New Year’s because she’s going to school in New York) and mostly because I just love the song. Definitely my favorite from him.
2. Ke$ha – Out Alive Yep, I’m a Ke$ha fan. I really like a lot of her songs from her new album that came out at the end of last year, but this is probably one of my favorites. Very upbeat and in general fun to listen to, whether I’m studying or messing around on the computer.
3. Madilyn Bailey – Blue Jeans This is a cover of Lana Del Ray’s song “Blue Jeans,” which I had never listened to before. I fell in love with this cover right away, and when I finally listened to the original and found that I really didn’t care for it, it made me like this song even more, for some reason. I’m a strange person.
4. Alex G – Thrift Shop This is another cover, this time of the currently very popular song, “Thrift Shop.” I like the original, but I like this more-acoustic-sounding song, not to mention the fact that it doesn’t have the opening “what” repeated over and over again – not a fan of that. It’s by a girl rather than a guy, but I’ve found that I really like listening to reversed-gender songs thanks to my new obsession with many cover artists on YouTube.
5. Marina & the Diamonds – Lies I love Marina & the Diamonds, and this is one of my favorite songs of hers. I first heard the stripped-down acoustic version and was shocked to find that the version that was going to be on her second album was a more electronic version, but I am obsessed with both – I just need to figure out where I can buy the acoustic version, because it is amazing in a more heart-breaking way than this version. Listen to both!
Top Books Read
1. Out of Sight, Out of Time (Ally Carter) I decided not to include the first four books, which I also reread this month, but pretend they’re here as well because they were certainly some of my favorites of the month, even if they were already favorites. I really enjoyed this penultimate book of the Gallagher Girls series and am both terrified and excited for the last book, which comes out at the end of the year (!), I believe. If you love the series, you’ll probably love this book as well.
2. The Friday Society (Adrienne Kress) I was really surprised to enjoy this book so much, but I really did. It had some minor flaws, but only a couple weeks after reading it, I was thinking about how much I enjoyed it, not the flaws, so that’s a very good sign in my book. I kind of wish this wasn’t a stand-alone – at least, I think it’s a stand-alone, Goodreads didn’t list it as a series, but who knows, it could change.
Books I’m Excited About
These are two books I already have (well, Out of the Easy is a library book, but same thing) and know I’m going to read. I don’t have any other book I’ve bought recently and still need to read, and I never really know what the library is going to have, so I don’t know what else I’m going to read, but these are two books I’m pretty excited to read.
Upcoming Releases I’m Excited About
A debut and a final book in a trilogy; a book about a circus and a book about teenagers with supernatural books. Really, the only thing these two books have in common is that they both come out in April and I want to read both of them as soon as possible. I’m definitely excited for them.
A Goal for April
* Participate in Camp NaNoWriMo – I probably won’t do really well since it’ll be the last full month of school and by the end of the month it’ll be almost finals, but I do want to write as much as possible. I’ll probably try to participate again in July, which is when they’re doing Camp NaNoWriMo again, I think…